Programs & Services
The COA was established to meet the needs of senior residents by providing education, connection to community resources and services, and opportunities for socialization. Listed below are some of the services available to Boylston seniors:
- Elder Services of Worcester Area (ESWA) provides the Senior Lunch Program on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:00pm at the Town House. ESWA also runs the Meals on Wheels program to homebound seniors in town. Delivered meals are available Monday - Friday. To enroll in either progam, please call ESWA at (508) 852-3205 x290 and ask for the Nutrition Program.
- The COA van is available for Boylston seniors 60 years and older or those under 60 with a disability. The van is available Monday - Thursday from 8am to 2pm. Medical appointments take precedence and 48 hours notice is asked to schedule an appointment. There is a suggested donation of $3.00 for rides. Please call the COA Van Scheduler at (508) 869-6132 for more information.
- Fitness classes are offered through the COA at the Boylston Town House (599 Main St). Classes include Taijifit (Tai Chi), Yoga, Flex and Tone, Zumba Gold, and Strength, Stretch and Stamina. Please call the COA for more information.
- The COA Coordinator can provide in-home or over the phone education and support to Boylston seniors and/or caregivers. Through a needs assessment, the Coordinator can provide referrals to a multitude of resources for in-home support, caregiver assistance, or financial entitlements. Please call the COA to speak with the COA Coordinator.
- Educational programs are offered by the COA and often held at the Boylston Town House & the Boylston Public Library. Examples of past programs include Fraud and Scams, Real ID, and topics on health and wellness.
- SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) provides free, unbiased insurance counseling to seniors through volunteers trained by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. To set up a SHINE appointment, please call (508) 422-9931 and leave your name, town, and contact information.
- The COA provides durable medical equipment for loan; equipment may include walkers, wheelchairs, canes, shower chairs, etc. Please call the COA for more information. We also accept donations of medical equipment.
- Drop-in Blood Pressure Clinics are scheduled each month. Contact the office for current times and further information.