The Boylston Parks & Recreation Department was created in 1975 to provide parks and recreation programs and services for our town. We offer year-round activities for pre-school and school-aged children, youth, adults and seniors. We oversee scheduling and maintenance of Boylston Community Parks, including The Manor Park, Hillside Fields, 7/140 Field, Harrington Park, Center Courts, with Scheduling only at Boylston Elementary School.
The Parks & Recreation Commission is comprised of five volunteer members; elected during the annual Town Election on the 2nd Monday of May each year, each seat is a 3 year term. Members may be appointed at any other time by the Board of Selectmen.
We meet on the first Tuesday of each month in the Conference room of the Town Hall. We welcome all ideas on how to further our commitment to support sports & activities.
To get on an agenda, please contact us at (774) 317-9254 or email us.
Why Parks & Recreation is Important:
- Generates money for local economy.
- Increases property values.
Health & Environmental Benefits
- Parks & Recreation facilities are where people go to get healthy and stay fit.
- Parks and protected lands are proven to improve water quality, improve the air we breathe, and produce habitat for wildlife.
- Provides a place for children and families to connect with nature and recreate outdoors together.
- Parks produce a sense of public pride and cohesion to every community.
- Parks provide gathering places for families and social groups as well as for individuals of all ages and economic status, regardless of their ability to pay for access.
- Access to parks and recreational opportunities have been strongly linked to reductions in crime and to reduced juvenile delinquency.