It is the mission of the Assessing Department to continue to be responsible for administering all of the Massachusetts General Laws relating to valuation and taxation in a fair and equitable manner throughout the community. We continue to offer excellent service to the community in the most fiscally responsible manner.
The FY22 tax rate is $15.84 per thousand.
- January 1st- Assessment date
- February 1st- Abatement Application deadline
- March 1st- Due date for Form of Lists and 3ABC forms
- March 31st- Due date for Income and Expense forms
- April 1st- Due date for exemption applications
- June 30th- Valuation date for buildings
- July 1st- Fiscal year begins
- October 1st- Due date for chapter land applications