The Boylston Board of Selectmen has three members who are elected to serve 3-year overlapping terms. The Board establishes town polices and procedures on many issues, unless such issues are delegated by law or vote of the Town Meeting to another officer or board. The Board of Selectmen appoints a Town Administrator who supervises and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Town departments.
Other areas of authority granted to the Board of Selectmen are:
- Calling town elections and approving the town meeting warrant.
- Reviewing the municipal annual budget.
- Making appointments to a number of municipal boards and committees.
- Licensing of alcohol establishments, restaurants, car dealers, transient vendors and entertainment and amusement devices.
- Sale of town owned land and acceptance of gifts of lands.
- Review and approve all payables of the Town of Boylston