For the past several years, Boylston has been taking affirmative steps to support growth in its commercial tax base and attract new businesses to town. These have included:
- Joining the region's Economic Target Area;
- Offering tax increment financing to businesses seeking to invest here;
- Making sensible zoning changes to assist in business expansion;
- Creating an Applicant Advisory Committee to help demystify the regulatory process for development petitions in their initial stages; and
- Adopting "expedited permitting" regulations (a.k.a. Chapter 43D) for development sites.
As a result, Boylston was ranked the 7th most "tech friendly" community in the State by the MA High Tech Council in 2008.
We are very interested in helping you do business in Town. Please contact us if we can be of assistance in any way.