The COA was established in 1974 to meet the needs of senior residents through services, education, social and recreational activities. Education and referrals to community resources and services can be made by the COA Outreach Worker who can provide in-home assessments and visits. Listed below are some of the services available to Boylston seniors:
- Senior Lunch Program on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:00pm at the Town House. Reservations are required by calling Elder Services Nutrition Program at (508) 852-3205 or Janice (Chickee) Resseguie at (508) 869-2089.
- A Flu Clinic is held annually in the late fall. All seniors are notified by mail.
- Informational meetings and educational programs are scheduled as needed.
- Referrals to Elder Services of Worcester for in-home assistance including homemaker services, personal care assistance, meals on wheels, personal emergency response system, adult day health, respite and other programs.
Eligibility: 60 years of age or older
Income guidelines and needs
For more information call ESWA: (508) 756-1545
- Information and support for family members and others who are caring for an aging loved one.
- The COA provides durable medical equipment for loan; equipment may include walkers, wheelchairs, canes, shower chairs, etc.
- Community Legal Aid in Worcester provides free legal advice and/or representation for persons 60 years or over who meet certain income guidelines.
Areas: Government and health care benefits, housing, protective services, guardianship, nursing homes, electricity or gas shut off, problems with MassHealth, Medicare and other legal problems.
Call: Community Legal Aid at: (508) 752-3718. Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:30am - 12:15pm. Wednesday from 1:30pm - 4:15pm.
Apply Online: www.communitylegal.org/apply-online